You’re scrolling through Facebook and one of your favorite business accounts — or a brand new one — has a post linking to a web page that seems interesting. You click on it. That page is a landing page, which is an important tool that digital marketers use to collect leads, or the people or organizations interested in what you’re selling.
These pages aren’t just useful, they’re indispensable in your marketing efforts. If you’re unsure of how to use landing pages, or frankly, what they even are, you’re not alone. Sixty-two percent of companies who use landing pages use six or less, and over 44 percent of business-to-business companies direct clicks to their homepage, not a specially-designed landing page, according to MarketingSherpa.
Landing pages can be difficult to understand, which is why Strunk Media Group is here to help with all of your search engine and landing page optimization efforts. Below, we’ll what landing pages are and how you can use them to generate more leads for your business.
What Are Landing Pages?
A landing page is a web page designed to gather visitor information through a lead form or similar method. Landing pages are often hyperlinked to from Google AdWords ads or social media posts or ads, giving the business a chance to acquire a valuable lead.
Landing pages are standalone pages that are intended specifically for marketing campaigns. The call-to-action on the page often offers something in return for their information, like an informational e-book, a free consultation or an email newsletter.
Put simply, landing pages turn ordinary visitors into leads.
How Do Landing Pages Work?
Let’s look at a real-world example.
Spotify is one the world’s leading music streaming companies, with over 170 million users and 75 million paid users. When you search for Spotify on Google, the first result is an ad on Google that advertises not one, not two, but five different options for potential listeners. These offers include a 30-day free trial of Spotify Premium, a Spotify Premium family package, a Spotify offer for students, the ability to listen to music for free and another 30-day free trial offer.
From there, once you click on the ad, it takes you to a unique landing page with the offer for the 30-day free trial. If you click on the “Start Free Trial” button, it takes you to a lead form, where you can sign up for the free trial, turning you into a lead for Spotify.
Without the landing page, Spotify’s homepage offers the opportunity to sign up for the free version, with no mention of a 30-day free trial for their premium music service. That landing page is crucial to Spotify gaining paying customers, and offering a free trial helps convert visitors, helping Spotify gain more opportunities to get people to buy into Spotify Premium.
And it’s not just Spotify, organizations across the globe, both big and small, use similar techniques to generate conversions for their business.
5 Benefits Of Landing Pages
Now you know what landing pages are and you know how they work. It’s time to learn how you can benefit from implementing them into your marketing strategy.
- Landing Pages Increase Your Conversions – Landing pages are proven tools that increase the number of visitors you turn into leads. When you use targeted landing pages with clear CTAs, your visitors will be more willing to give you the information you’re looking for, turning them into leads.
- Landing Pages Provide Useful Data – Beyond the fact that landing pages can send more business your way, they can also give your pertinent information about your customer base, which you can use to tailor your marketing campaigns directly to them. Don’t underestimate the quality of data you can get from these landing pages.
- Landing Pages Help Grow Your Email List – When visitors enter in their email addresses, that’s yours to do with what you please, meaning you can add them to promotional and informational email lists, which you can also design around their preferences and goals.
- Landing Pages Help Set Up Your Customers For Success – Customers come to you with a problem you can solve. Whether you’re a plumber, a car dealer, a dentist or any other type of business, it’s your job to communicate how you can solve that problem through your marketing efforts. Using landing pages to do this, or at least guide them in the right direction, can be a valuable asset to a customer which helps them trust your business.
- Landing Pages Improve Your Paid Search Campaigns – Your search engine marketing success relies on good click-through rates. Instead of linking to a homepage or informational page without any CTAs, linking to a targeted landing page with a quality CTA can help increase the number of leads you obtain through your SEM efforts.
It can be challenging to develop an effective landing page strategy, which is why Strunk Media Group offers landing page optimization services that align with your search engine marketing and social media strategies. To learn more about how we can help you implement landing pages into your digital marketing campaign, schedule a free consultation by clicking the button below.